I know it has been a while but I am officially bringing the blog back to life! I will expand this blog to go beyond marathon training to touch on things I've learned, other challenges I've encountered and general musings. Some people keep a journal...I prefer to keep a blog because I want to SHARE my life rather than hide it away in a book. I hope you guys will continue to stay on for the ride.
So quick updates since we last checked in:
1. Running--I've decided to run the Venice marathon (Italy!) along with Cynthia P. from Heartchange. Once again I will run it for African Leadership Academy, but I am also using the marathon as an excuse for a mini European vacation. The run is Oct. 24th, drop me a line if you are interested in coming out for the run/ post run Italiano adventures. I am also set to run the NY half marathon March 21, I am 100% not ready for it as I haven't done any significant training since the NY marathon in Nov. should be a toughy but it'll be a nice kick in the butt to get me back on a training schedule for the Venice marathon.
2. The job--I'm still enjoying work here in Boston, I am learning a lot and while work is challenging the things we are working on are also extremely exciting! If you want more dets, ping me.
3. Snowboarding/skiing--This year i've gotten out to the VT, NH, ME and MA mountains for a lot of ski and snowboard time. Along with Ashley Q., Keith H., Carly S., and Cynthia P. we've torn up the Northeast and now I'm working on getting from little hoppy hops to true jumps on the snowboard--look out Shaun White.
4. World Cup--I'm planning to head out to SA in June to visit ALA and go to the world cup with Fadzi. Looking forward to massive amounts of Halloumi, Wooly's wavy chutney chips, Taboo, street vendors, being part of Pallen's entourage, and getting into ridiculous situations with 3M of my closest friends ;)
5. Challenge of the week--Self Control--this week I am challenging myself to work on self control. Meaning mastering my desires/wants. To kick this off I have been fasting all day today and throughout the week will try to show self control especially in a professional setting. I'll keep you posted on how it goes...look out for a new challenge each week--and if you have any suggestions let me know. I am pretty much game for anything ;)
Ok that's all for now....see below a few pics from the last few months (basically whatever I had on my comp!)
1. The family at Vaughn's football game (U Miami #7!!)

No comments:
Post a Comment